Thanks for listening, Cosmos
Yes! The Cosmos listened. At last.
After several rain dances, we finally had our storm yesterday evening, overnight and this morning. And there’s more to come. The rainwater is sitting on the ground surface between showers, but it’s going into the ground eventually.
We had several storm-bangers, which the dog didn’t appreciate very much, and now the temperatures have dropped slightly.
I know people love the sunshine, and I like a proper English summer with the rest of them. But we’re not used to the high temperatures we’ve had for so long and we don’t have air conditioning.
The low twenties are fine for me, thank you very much, with a drop of rain overnight to keep our land so green and pleasant.
We had another piece of good news this morning as well. The money we were owed and have been battling for has now been repaid. So there are two reasons to be cheerful.
Good work, Cosmos. Keep it up! 😎
I’ve been plodding on with the edit for lovely already client and still hope to have that one off my desk and invoiced by the end of today.
And I did my diary for next week. Here’s the to-do list:
- write a daily blog post (x 5)
- books #40 & #41 for 52 Books in 52 Weeks
- books #7 & #8 for NetGalley
- write #1 (draft 1) of Bramble Jelly
- start new book for lovely already client
- write #2 (draft 2) of Go, Go, Go Joseph
- write (type) #3 (draft 3) of Is This Where You Pee?
- edit Pippa & Davey Forever
- write #1 (draft 1) of Pumpkin Pie
- invoice lovely already client
What’s on your to-do list for next week? Have a great weekend!