Oh, my goodness gracious!
So I found this new thing to faff with… because, as you all know, I have all of this spare time on my hands. Anyway, I think it will save time in the long run because it’s a project/process management system.
It’s called Asana, and it loads itself onto your system as an app. In even the free version you can have unlimited projects and you can arrange them however you want them: as lists, on boards, on a calendar.
You can look at each of your projects individually or you can use an overview of all tasks. And each project or task has the ability to add sub-tasks. You can assign different tasks to different team members. And you can colour code it as you wish.
There’s also an app available for your mobile device, in both the Apple store and on Android. I tried it out last night, and it looks as though it synchronises everything across.
You can add files, documents and goals and things, and you can create forms and set up messages within your teams.
There are three packages: basic (free), premium and business. Some things, like timeline, aren’t available in basic, though. I’m currently using the 30-day trial, but I won’t know which version it’s trialling for me until the 30 days come to an end.
I’ve only been using it a day, but so far there are two things I’m a little bit disappointed with:
- If a task is not marked as complete, it doesn’t then turn the rest of the tasks for that particular project or parent task red or anything, but you can change the status of it from ‘on track’ to ‘off track’.
- When you load tasks onto boards for today, tomorrow, next week, etc, it doesn’t automatically carry them over to the current day.
But I’m trying it out and, so far, it’s beating my trusty Trello in that Trello is quite linear and you can only have card stacks going across in one row. I’m sure I have loads yet to discover, so I’ll stick with it for a bit at least.
Here’s how the day went:
- moved Reedsy emails to ‘study’ folder (day 4 of 10)
- faffed with Asana (but added the most current projects)
- published Chapter 29 of Diary of a Scaredy Cat on Medium
- published Chapter 30 of Night Crawler on Medium
- shared links for the Medium stories on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- made the link for Night Crawler free to Facebook friends
- added the new stories on Medium to the master index
- finished proofreading the new D2D pdf
- wrote today’s blog post (514 words)
- did the weekly shopping
- went to fat club
Words written today = 514
I have a few things to do today, like the stuff I didn’t do yesterday and the stories I want to schedule for the weekend. I also have three blog posts to schedule: a book review, my June wrap-up, and the plan for July.
Tomorrow I’ll be working, so the poet is going fishing. We hope to have Sunday off.
Have a great weekend!