A productive Monday

Monday was a good and productive day. Mondays usually are my best days for work output… then it’s all downhill from there!

Before I even got up I received a notification from Amazon that I have a royalty on the way. But looking at the reports, I can’t see what this is for, so I’m now thinking it might be a glitch.

Once I was at my desk, the first thing I did was go through and update my diary for last week, noting all of my ticks and word-counts, as well as the crosses. I finished the blog post I’d started on Friday, and published it. And then I turned my attention to this week.

First of all, I fired off another application to be added to a publication as a contributor. I did apply to this publication a couple of weeks ago, but I didn’t hear anything back. So I reviewed the submission procedure, revised my application to suit, and sent it off.

Next, I designed three new covers for the short stories I’ve recently published on Medium. Now that there are three, I was ready to republish them on Kindle Unlimited.

I’m sticking to the same basic design for all of these so that it’s hopefully obvious to which series they belong.

Then I went through and edited the files for each of them, downloaded Kindle Create again, and transformed the files to ebook format.

They’re all in publishing now, so the link on the flyer, which I also created on Monday, should take you to my Kindle page on Amazon and the new stories will appear as soon as they’re ready.

I struggled a bit with these this time, because KDP wouldn’t let me download an ebook. If I can’t work out how to get that to work, I’ll probably just buy them all. They’re only 79p.

When I started publishing on Kindle, you added the name of the series in as you went along. Now there’s a new feature whereby you create a series and add any titles in the order you want them adding. I’ve done this now, and now I wait to see what it looks like.

For the last of my own work, I turned to Medium to post the latest chapters up there and to update the links on the previous chapters as well as the master index. I also published another story from the archives.

I’d almost run out of day by the time I made it to the ghostwriting gig. But I’ve read through the outline and sent my feedback over. Now I await the formal go ahead to, well, go ahead.

The last job I did all day was the diary for the coming week.

Here’s how the day went:

  • update diary
  • applied to be added to a publication on Medium
  • designed 3 new covers for latest Kindle Unlimited publications
  • published 3 short stories on Kindle Unlimited
  • designed flyer for 3 new stories on Kindle Unlimited
  • created a series on Kindle Unlimited and added all 6 stories so far
  • published Chapter 19 of Diary of a Scaredy Cat on Medium
  • published Chapter 20 of Night Crawler on Medium
  • published Bonfire Party on Medium
  • shared links for the Medium stories on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
  • made the link for Night Crawler free to Facebook friends
  • added the new stories on Medium to the master index
  • checked outline for ghostwriting gig #5
  • wrote today’s blog post (595 words)
  • did my diary for the rest of the week

Words written today = 595

Here are the other three short stories that are available on Kindle Unlimited:

please leave your reply here - thank you!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: