Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 is DONE! 🥳
Instead of making handwriting the first job of the day on Thursday, I wrote a call-to-action blog post for Project Management for Writers: Gate 1. This was because I had to fire up the computer to (a) add a featured image to a blog post, and (b) see if the gardener was coming.
There was nothing from the gardener, so I finished my first Pomodoro in my dressing gown! I never, ever work in my dressing gown. Or very rarely. I always have to get dressed first.
Next up was my handwriting Pomodoro. However, I didn’t get a full 50 minutes because I kept on being interrupted. I did 2 full writing exercises and started a 3rd. The 1st exercise I did will be a writing article. The 2nd exercise might be a creative writing piece.
I rang up and booked the car in for its MOT. It was already late so I’ve not been using the car. It’s booked in for late this morning and they’ll do it while I wait.
The poet’s new company car is also due for delivery today and I think they’re taking his old one away. That means we had extra work to do over the weekend to remove all of our stuff and make it look at least a little bit presentable.
I went through Chapter 12 of Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 and checked the poet’s contribution. Then I posted it to Medium.
My sister rang up and we had a lovely long chat – for just over an hour! – and while I was on the phone, Wednesday writing prompts October throwaways was published on Medium. I backed my first ever Kickstarter, and I bought a bundle of 10 books for market study.
As the day was almost over by then, I realised I had to write Chapter 13 of Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 or risk not having a chapter to post on Friday. So I rattled it off and sent it on to the poet for his bit.
Here’s how Thursday went:
- wrote call-to-action blog for Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 (382 words)
- did two and a bit handwriting exercises (525 words)
- added 110 words to Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 (110 words)
- formatted and published Chapter 12 for Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 on Medium
- shared links for the Medium stories on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- added the new stories on Medium to the master index
- made my first ever Kickstarter investment
- wrote Chapter 13 for Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 (1,682 words)
- started today’s blog (505 words)
- went to fat club (2½lb off!)
Words written today = 3,204 words
Friday didn’t start well. The poet had come home from his work trip on Wednesday with ‘a bit of a throat’. It’s turned into tonsilitis and much of Thursday was spent trying to wrench a prescription out of our doctor for antibiotics. The phone call finally came at about 4pm.
However, as I don’t go anywhere, my own immune system doesn’t get much work to do. So when he gets something, I get it.
On Friday morning I was really sleepy, to the extent that he asked that question, “are you coming down with something too?” And the probability was, well, probably. Ah well…
So I was really late to my desk and then, because the poet was conducting a video interview, I had to keep the dog contained and quiet. And he ended up barking. Twice. Over breakfast and while I dog-sat, I carried on reading the current NetGalley book.
Anyway, by the time I did make it to my desk (locking the dog in with me), the first thing I did was go through Chapter 13 of Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 and check the poet’s contribution. And I had to ask him a question, but I couldn’t because he was in this interview.
Finally, I was able to ask the question (I’d remembered his suggestion anyway and already made it, but wanted to check that I’d got it right), and then I published Chapter 13 to Medium.
I wrote Chapter 14, added an appendix to the book, and updated the end matter. Then I sent that all on to the poet for his final input. And despite him not feeling great, he did his bit as soon as he could so that I could check it and get the final chapter scheduled to post on Medium.
So, apart from the Further Reading section at the end, which I’ll populate when I go through proofreading it, Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 is DONE! 🥳
Here’s how Friday went:
- added 142 words to Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 (142 words)
- formatted and published Chapter 13 for Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 on Medium
- shared links for the Medium story on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- added the new story on Medium to the master index
- wrote Chapter 14 and the end matter for Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 and added an appendix (2,015 words)
- added a further 136 words to Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 (136 words)
- formatted and scheduled Chapter 14 for Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 on Medium
- printed off Project Management for Writers: Gate 1 for proofreading
- went through revisions for ghostwriting gig #6 Part 1
- finished today’s blog (356 words)
Words written today = 2,649 words
The blog is having the rest of the week off while I try and get ahead on the ghostwriting. I’d like to do each instalment early so I’m not working overnight to catch up all of the time. I’ll have an hour of handwriting first thing, and then it’ll be client work for the rest of the time.
I’ll be keeping off Medium too. I want to try and come up with a workable strategy for the Medium content. And I won’t be proofreading the project management book yet as I’d like it to ‘cool’ for a bit.
Have a great week!